Drag and drop a file to a folder
- Drag the item you want to move.
- Move the item over to the folder and release it.
Drag multiple files to a folder
- Click Bulk select to pick multiple files.
- Drag the whole selection to a folder and release it.
- Press the ESC key to exit bulk select mode.
Upload files to a specific folder
- In your main WordPress media library, open a specific folder.
- From your computer, drag a file/folder or multiple files/folders and drop it in the opened folder. This will keep the whole folder structure as you have it on your computer.
Upload files to a chosen folder in your upload modal
- In the upload media modal, switch to Upload files tab.
- Choose a folder from the dropdown list of your created WordPress media folder hierarchy.
- Drag and drop files/folders from your computer to the chosen folder.
There are multiple ways to move attachment items to a folder. You can do this while you view/edit your media on:
- The primary WordPress media library menuWordPress media library assistant submenu provided by third-party plugins
- Gutenberg block editor
- Classic editor and other page builders
- “Select media” modal